Sunday, 8 May 2016

Malaysian Biology Olympiad 2016 1st Workshop

Salam and hi readers


Last week I went for Malaysian Biology Olympiad (MBO) 2016 1st Workshop at Pusat PERMATApintar Negara. Alhamdulillah I passed the second screening test for MBO and had the chance to join this workshop with 24 others ASASIpintar students. There are students from other schools all over Malaysia as well such as SMKA Sharifah Rodziah, SMK Chung Hwa, SMK Taman Pelangi Indah, SMS Hulu Terengganu, SBPI Gombak, SMS Selangor and also from Sunway College. There were about 70 students for the workshop. After three weeks of not touching Biology books, I brought my Campbell's Biology to the workshop.



The hostel

The workshop was conducted from 3 May to 6 May 2016 for 4 days and 3 nights. Our first day basically we only registered and checked in to the hostel. We stayed at PERMATApintar's hostel. It was my first time staying at PERMATApintar because during ASASI, we stayed at Kolej Keris Mas. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were provided for the students. My class started at 2pm after lunch hour. I had 2 classes that day, with 2 hours of lecture each. It ended at 6pm. At night, I could not think of doing anything haha so I slept early.

The next day my class started from 9am until 6pm. It reminded me of my Asasi days, just that during MBO we learn Biology the whole day. Imagine, 8 hours of Biology in a day. The lunch break was from 1pm to 2 pm. The third day, I had classes from 9am to 4pm only. The third day was the last day of lectures. The fourth day is the third screening test and then we checked out after that.

Revision for the screening test

MBO is a new experience for me. As an asasi student, I am glad that we covered quite a lot even though it was only a 8 months programme in asasi. The lectures were delivered by different lecturers from Faculty of Science and Technology (FST) UKM. The lecturers are expertise in their own field. I feel blessed to have such individuals to teach us for MBO. There will be second and third workshop for MBO before four representatives are chosen for International Biology Olympiad 2016 in Vietnam later in July.

No comments

© Wonderful
Maira Gall